Yoel is the Sunshine Coast Futsal Goalkeeper specialist, however he also has plenty of experience in coaching representative teams also.
Yoel Jogiono has many years of experience in futsal as both a player and a coach, despite his young age. He learnt about futsal when he moved to Australia in 2006 and fell in love with the sport straight away. The quick nature of the game and high technical ability required to move around the pitch is what drew him to the sport. Yoel has played for Queensland on numerous occasions as a junior, before taking a break for a couple of years due to injuries. In 2012 he moved to the Sunshine Coast and began playing futsal again at a local and representative level, competing and winning in multiple tournaments (listed below).
In 2015, he was approached by South Brisbane Futsal Club to be a part of their National League squad and competed with them in the F-League as well as other major tournaments (achievements listed below). After a successful debut season, he was selected to go to a training camp with the Australian National Team (Futsalroos), prior to their selections for the AFF tournament. He is still currently playing at the highest level locally, regionally, interstate and nationally.
As a coach, he takes his knowledge from different teams and mentors and applies his own philosophies. His first taste of coaching at a high level was when he was asked to be the assistant coach to the Queensland Youth women’s team. From there on he has been the assistant coach and goalkeeper coach of the South Brisbane women’s team (F-League) and head coach of the U16 Boys and Youth Men Queensland teams. Yoel’s aim as a coach is to develop local players to their best ability and appreciate the beauty of futsal. Below is a list of some of his qualifications and achievements as a coach.
- Craig Foster Men’s Champions 2014, 2016
- State Titles Men’s Champions 2015
- Lismore International Cup Men’s Runners Up 2016
- Men’s F-League squad member 2015-present
- Cairns International Cup Men’s Champions 2015 (EliteFoot)
- SEQ Futsal Premier League Men’s Champions 2016/17
- FAFL 2015, 2016
- Series Futsal Australia (Unley City) 2017
- Futsalroos training camp (August 2015)
- State Titles Youth Men Champions 2016
- Craig Foster Women’s Champions 2015
- SEQ U12, U14 girls (Premiers/Runners Up), U14, U16 girls (Runners Up), Youth, Women (Premiers/Champions), Men (Champions) 2016/17
- Women’s F-League Assistant Coach/Goalkeeper Coach 2015-present
- State Titles U16 Champions 2015
- Craig Foster Women’s Champions 2017
- Youth Women assistant coach 2015
- U16 Boys (Runners Up) 2016
- Youth Men 2017
- AFC FUTSAL LEVEL 1 • APRIL 2015 • ASIAN FOOTBALL CONFEDERATION
Completed the AFC Futsal Coaching Certificate Level 1 course in April 2015 (Brisbane, QLD)
- GOALKEEPER LICENSE LEVEL 2 • DECEMBER 2014 • FOOTBALL FEDERATION AUSTRALIA
Completed the Goalkeeper Coaching License Level 2 course in December 2014 (Sunshine Coast, QLD)
- SENIOR FOOTBALL CERTIFICATE • NOVEMBER 2013 • FOOTBALL QUEENSLAND
Completed the Senior Football Coaching Certificate course in November 2013 (Albany Creek, QLD)
“You can never stop learning. As a player and a coach, it is your responsibility to continue to learn as many new things as possible and pass on your knowledge to others.”” - Coach Yoel Jogiono